ST. CATHERINE OF SIENA JOB OPENINGS
Campus Ministry Associate
St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Student Center and Parish, Des Moines, Iowa
Full-Time, Exempt, 12 month
Reports to Diocesan Director of Campus Ministry
The Campus Ministry Associate plans, directs, and implements ministry programs and assists the pastor of St. Catherine of Siena Student Center and Parish with the day-to-day functions and ministries of the Student Center.
St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Parish and Student Center primarily serves the students, faculty, and staff of Drake University, and is involved in support of students at other colleges and universities in the Diocese of Des Moines. Our engagement of students happens through leadership development, authentic and inclusive personal accompaniment, vibrant worship, community-building, lifelong faith formation, and service to the wider community.
- Plans, directs, and implements ministry programs
- Assists the day-to-day functions and ministries of the Student Center
- Provides leadership, direction, and support to the Student Ministry Team
- Supervises the FOCUS team
- Interviews, hires, supervises, and mentors student interns
- Collaborates with the DU Bulldog Catholic faculty advisor
- Collaborates with diocesan staff, University organizations, the Iowa Catholic Campus Ministry Association, and the Catholic Campus Ministry Association to provide programming for all students
- Collaborates with the St. Catherine Adult Faith Formation Committee to provide a programming framework
- Diocesan Staff
- Pastoral Council
- Drake University Assistant Dean of Students for Campus Enrichment and Student Equity
- Drake University Faculty Advisor to Bulldog Catholic
- Catholic in good standing
- Master’s degree in religious studies, pastoral ministry, pastoral studies, theology, leadership studies, education, psychology, or related field preferred; bachelor’s degree in one of these fields, plus relevant experience accepted;
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated leadership experience with college/university campus ministry or young adult ministry
- Embodies a spirit of servant leadership, characterized by listening, openness, and adaptability
- Excellent written and public speaking skills
- Strong relational, leadership, and management skills.
- A pastoral approach to the Church’s social teachings that result in a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Dedication to the Catholic intellectual tradition
- Ability to work collaboratively and creatively in a contemporary university parish setting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position requires regularly working evenings and weekends as needed throughout the academic year as well as oversees one to two overnight retreats per year.
The successful candidate will participate in background screening and participate in the safe environment protocols of the Diocese of Des Moines
By May 31, please submit the following materials electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evidence of relevant experience and accomplishments related to the listed job responsibilities, as well as a statement about why you feel called to this vocation. These items may be submitted as a cover letter of up to 500 words or a short video or audio recording of five minutes or less.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which is from one’s pastor or bishop
For more information, CONTACT US.
David Robinson Scholarship
Annually, the David Robinson scholarship will be up to $5,000 and for the purposes of paying the student’s educational expenses.