THE SACRAMENT OF HOLY MATRIMONY
“Marriage is an act of will that signifies and involves a mutual gift, which unites the spouses and binds them to their eventual souls, with whom they make up a sole family - a domestic church.” -Saint Pope John Paul II
We provide ministry to couples by:
- Preparing couples for the Sacramental Celebration of Marriage according to the guidelines of Christian Marriage and Diocese of Des Moines
- Celebrate the marriage at St. Catherine’s
- Sponsor-Couple’s Ministry (Married couples who mentor engaged couples in Christian Marriage)
- Ongoing formation for married couples
- Ministry to divorced families through the Diocese of Des Moines office of marriage and family life and Diocesan marriage tribunal
Please take time and read the following guideline for the preparation and celebration of weddings at St Catherine’s:
Contact the office after printing and completing the Marriage Policies guidelines document. We will be happy to set up a time to begin the marriage preparation process. You may also contact the office in the case of Marriage and Family Life Issues. We are here to journey with you when it comes to love, marriage, and family life.
David Robinson Scholarship
Annually, the David Robinson scholarship will be up to $5,000 and for the purposes of paying the student’s educational expenses.