DAVID ROBINSON SCHOLARSHIP
ST. CATHERINE OF SIENA CATHOLIC CHURCH AND STUDENT CENTER
DRAKE NEWMAN COMMUNITY
David Robinson Annual Scholarship Award
Developing leadership skills through giving of time and/or talent to the Church/Community is the goal of this scholarship. Many of our students are already doing that in their commitments to ministries already established, such as Liturgy, Music, Community Service, Religious Education, Mission Work, Leadership etc.
The goal of the Scholarship:
To foster student leadership through service to the spiritual and /or community life of St. Catherine of Siena, Drake Newman Community.
Annually, the entire scholarship will be up to five thousand dollars ($5,000) and will be paid to or for the benefit of student recipient(s) for the purposes of paying the student’s educational expenses, including but not limited to tuition, books, supplies, equipment, room and board.
Criteria for the Student Recipient
- Generally, the scholarship will be awarded to a specific student only once.
- It will be based on the impact of his/her contribution during the past school year, or throughout part, most or all of his/her student years.
- In a situation, where a group of students have worked together to accomplish one project, the scholarship money may be divided evenly between the participants. Otherwise there should only be one awardee each year.
The scholarship is awarded to Drake University Students registered and active at St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church and Student Center.
Student application will be open on March 1 and close by March 31.
St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church & Student Center
1150 28th St
Des Moines, IA 50311
Service and Leadership Contribution
Write an essay describing your contribution of time and/or talent to St. Catherine Student Center, Drake Newman Community, during the current academic year, or at any time during your tenure at Drake. Contributions that continue and grow from year to year will be eligible. State also why you consider your contribution deserving of the award. Do not exceed two pages, double-spaced. Include the following:
- The application should clearly state the impact of the contribution, efforts, time, and other resources involved in the service or leadership.
- Application will include student’s demographics and Drake University ID number.
- The contact information (name, email, and phone number) of a member of the parish community (registered student or resident parishioner) who could be a reference.
Chair: Campus Minister
Members: Parish Priest/Pastor
Chair or Representative of Student Leadership Team
Director or Representative of Music Ministry
Director or Representative of Religious Education
Representative of Donor Family (non-voting)
Time of Award of Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded to the designated student(s) in May during Mass prior to Drake University Spring Commencement.
David Robinson Scholarship
Annually, the David Robinson scholarship will be up to $5,000 and for the purposes of paying the student’s educational expenses.