We invite you to join us in prayer and worship, fellowship, and service to others. There is a place for you here.
Who We Are
Welcome to Saint Catherine of Siena Catholic Parish and Student Center! We are a small parish with many missions. We delight in the diversity of the ages we represent and the significant missions entrusted to us.
St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Student Center is a spiritual "home away from home" for resident parishioners and Drake students alike. We strive, through worship, prayer, fellowship, study, and service, to be disciples of Jesus today, so that we will be the leaders of the Catholic Church and Community tomorrow.
As students and resident parishioners, we want to:
- Know the faith through active discipleship
- Grow in the faith through active fellowship and prayer
- Share the faith through active leadership and social justice
- We are a parish community with families and individuals of all ages and cultures. We take inspiration from the innocent faith of our children and the commitment of their parents.
- We are a parish enriched by the presence of individuals facing challenges, including the Deaf Community of Des Moines, who participate fully in the life of the parish, serving as lectors, Eucharistic ministers, parish council members, and much more.
- We are a parish committed to justice and peace, helping those in need. College students and resident parishioners partner to serve our community and beyond.
- We are a parish of many older adults, retirees, and empty nesters, who enjoy the spirit of a small parish and the chance to connect with young people through our student ministries.
- We are a parish of many generations, single and married, all sharing one Catholic faith.
- We are a Catholic Student Center, offering a home away from home to young men and women attending Drake University, Simpson College, and Grand View University.
- We are also the headquarters of the Diocesan Office of Campus Ministry, reaching out to an estimated 10,000 college students on 12 campuses through active Catholic Campus Ministry.
- St. Catherine's is the home of the Catholic Deaf Community.
- St. Catherine's is the only Church in the state of Iowa that has Sign Language interpreters at every Sunday Morning 10:30 Mass.
- On Sunday mornings from September to May, a deaf study group meets before Mass to discuss the readings and Gospel.
- Twice monthly, a movie and study group is held.